Be an audio-visual expert wherever you go with AV Tools.
A simple but very useful collection of audio-visual tools and information for use when ever you need.
Get it now at:
- Delay calculator - A quick and easy way to convert from metres / feet to mS.
- DAW disk space calculator - Want to know how many tracks you can record for your 30 minute master piece and at what sample / bit rate based on your hard drive capacity, then this is the tool for you.
- SPL calculator - Simply enter amplifier power, loud-speaker sensitivity and a distance to find your maximum sound pressure level.
- Impedance calculators - Calculate total loads for a group of speakers in parallel and series configurations.
- Tone Generator - Select from 10 common sine wave frequencies, 20hz to 20khz sine wave sweep, pink and white noise.
- dBu / dBV to voltage converter, wavelength calculator, constant voltage impedance converter (70v + 100v line), and UK radio mic frequency lists (Ch38, Ch69 and de-reg).
- Aspect ratio calculator - Need to work out a videos aspect ratio; simply enter the dimensions and press calculate, alternatively enter one dimension and select the aspect ratio to get the second dimension.
- Projection distance calculator and screen resolutions guide.
- DMX address - dip switch - Simply enter the DMX address to receive the correct dip switch settings, then select an offset (Number of DMX channels your fixture requires) and use the plus and minus buttons to quickly address multiple fixtures.
- Beam width calculator and gel cuts calculator.
- Power voltage current calculator - A simple Ohm's law based calculator.
- Voltage drop calculator
- Pin-outs for common audio-visual connectors
AV Tools for iPhone has been updated for IOS7
AV Tools for Android now includes a slide in navigation bar, bringing it inline with recent Google Apps. It also now has full tablet layouts available.
See the screenshots in the descriptions above for a quick look at what's new.
AV Tools for web just got a brand new look check it out now at http://www.av-tools.co.uk or checkout the screenshots below:
- Tone generator - Generate a sine wave between 20hz and 20khz, or white noise. (Currently only supports Google Chrome v19+. More options coming soon)
- Search feature - Find what your looking for fast with a link to the search facility on every page.
- Social - New social sharing options on every page, quickly and easily update your friends on the pages you love on AV Tools.
- Improved page URL's - Tools are now sorted under categories, for example the Tone generator is found at www.av-tools.co.uk/audio/tone-generator , this is much better than the former www.av-tools.co.uk/pages/tone-generator.html.
- Pro version now has custom frequency tone generator with play in background facility.
- Answer text is now selectable
- Improved settings and about layout
- Reduced file size
- More bug fixes
AV Tools version 1.4.0 for Android and Web has just been released.
The latest updates include:
- Addition of HDMI Pinout
- Addition of Gel cuts - calculator, a simple way to work out how many sheets of gel you need for your lights, and how much that will cost.
- Some bug fixes and UI tweaks.
AV Tools version 1.4.0 for iPhone has also been submitted to the app store and is awaiting approval.
There has been lots of updates recently for Android, here is a quick run down of the latest changes:
- Added 70v to Constant Voltage Impedance Converter
- Added Screen Resolutions Guide
- Lots of bug fixes
- Fixed Error in Beam Width Calculator
- Reworked DMX Address tool
- Fixed Jack Pinout Layout
- Added RCA Pinout
- Added DB25 to Analog/Digital Audio Breakout Pinout
- Improved menu navigation speed
- Added pin outs for ILDA and Cresnet
- Added 30,40 and 50hz in Tone Generator
- Added DAW Diskspace calculator
- Fixed keyboard Show/Hide bug
- Other minor bug fixes
- Added DVI and Svideo pinouts
- Rewrite to support future tablet UI
- New Actionbar UI to match ICS